What is this?

What is this? I don't really know, other then a continuation of my updates and writings that I was sharing previously on Caringbridge of this journey through cancer and now widowhood and single parenting.

Maybe it won't end up being anything at all, or maybe it will be a glimpse into my heart, my life, my current situation, my testimony.

Whatever it becomes, I am touched that you are interested.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Still in Hospital

Brandon is slowly recovering from surgery. Well, I guess his recovery from surgery is pretty much on target. It's the other issues that are seemingly slow to recover from.


Currently he is resting out some anemia which causes extreme fatigue. He had a blood transfusion on Friday so we hope that he starts feeling better on that aspect soon. 


The doctors are trying to get his anticoagulation levels in the therapeutic range to continue treating the blood clot. We seem to be making progress there, getting off the Heparin IV and on to pills tonight.


Right now it seems what we need the most prayer on is his kidneys. Please pray for his kidneys to be able to start recovering and functioning properly. Brandon is still incredibly swollen, a few days ago he had about 50 pounds of water weight on him which is incredibly uncomfortable and limiting, and also indicates low kidney functioning.


Once he comes home we will have a home health care nurse coming by 2-3 times a week - checking the wound and colostomy as well as vitals. Not sure what else, but hopefully that will be a little help to us. 


He wants so bad to be able to come home and actually see his daughter. Of her 6.5 weeks of life he has barely had a week with her. It's utterly heartbreaking. He is such a good dad and was looking forward to this chapter in our lives so much. My heart crumbles to pieces just wishing they could have each other right now, and that I could have my husband back. I miss him terribly. I want to hug him, and just be held in his arms. I pray God will allow us those opportunities soon.


We have been asked to share some specific prayer requests:


-Improved and healed kidneys

-All swelling to go away

-Protection with the blood clot

-Strength for Brandon's body to fight

-No further complications

-Cancer to be stagnant while we recover

-Wisdom and direction for doctors 

-STRENGTH and PEACE for us all on this journey.

-Earthly healing!


There is much more that we are praying for every moment of the day, but those are what is on the forefront of my mind. 


Thank you all - we have been truly humbled and blessed by the support we have been receiving. I will post more on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!