What is this?

What is this? I don't really know, other then a continuation of my updates and writings that I was sharing previously on Caringbridge of this journey through cancer and now widowhood and single parenting.

Maybe it won't end up being anything at all, or maybe it will be a glimpse into my heart, my life, my current situation, my testimony.

Whatever it becomes, I am touched that you are interested.

Monday, August 25, 2014

Baby Love

I caved in and brought Aria to the hospital. I have no idea when Brandon may get to see her otherwise and he needs some baby love, and it's nice for me (emotionally and b/c of nursing) to have them both in the same place for a little while. It is so hard to have to be apart from either of them to be with the other one. 

I asked my favorite nurse her opinion and she said that as long as we covered her, brought her straight in and straight out, and were careful about handling her, she thought it would be ok. She also called housekeeping to have them sanitize everything first, which was very kind of her. Regardless, please pray for God's protection over her health visiting at the hospital.

I'm already a germaphobe, so literally I washed my hands and sanitized like every 10 minutes. My parents and bestie Haley took her for a walk outside so Brandon could rest for a little. Thankfully God blessed us with such a good baby she barely made a peep the whole time she was here. 

Brandon loved getting to hold her on his lap for a little bit. I think baby love is the best medicine. And maybe wifey love too...

He also really enjoyed getting to finally see my dad with Aria (this is his first visit since she was born). 

We thank you all so much for your prayers. I can update that the swelling is a bit more stable, though likely building up around lungs again. His kidney functioning has remained at the same level for the past 24 hours. It's not good, but it hasn't declined further. 

Nausea has been very difficult. He has to get potassium infusions and it causes him extreme nausea. He has not eaten much and has lost a lot of weight. 

We are so very grateful for God's blessings. So many have rallied behind us and supported us. I am immensely humbled. God has timed my mom's visits perfectly, and my friend Haley's visit perfectly, that I have not had to spend a night alone in the house lately. 

I also am beyond words about the generosity of friends, family, friends of friends, forum friends and complete strangers. The fundraiser set up for us on giveforward has blown me away. Today Brandon and I prayed for everyone that has donated to us. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you, thank you. 


Prayers:

-significant improvement with Nausea

-ability to eat

-Improved Kidney functioning 

-improved potassium levels w/out daily infusions

-less swelling

-no more fluid building up around lungs

-no progression of cancer 

-miraculous healing!

-comfort, peace, strength and rest for Brandon (and all of us).

-protection over Aria's health


To share, follow or donate:

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/srh5/brandon-s-journey-with-the-big-c-?utm_source=giveforward&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=dashboard&shareid=2565902

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!