What is this?

What is this? I don't really know, other then a continuation of my updates and writings that I was sharing previously on Caringbridge of this journey through cancer and now widowhood and single parenting.

Maybe it won't end up being anything at all, or maybe it will be a glimpse into my heart, my life, my current situation, my testimony.

Whatever it becomes, I am touched that you are interested.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Answered Prayer

Last night we specifically prayed for rest for Brandon. In the past month he has barely been able to sleep at all, only getting an hour to hour and a half stretch at a time before being woken up by any one (or multiple) symptoms or side effects of the numerous issues at hand. Be it terrible nightmares, intense dry mouth and throat, pain, nausea, etc. 


Any parent to a newborn knows how lack of sleep can make you feel crazy, let alone when it happens after major surgery and 6 weeks of living nightmare Brandon has been through. 


We cried out to God to please, please give him some rest last night and God answered that prayer with a 3-4 hour stretch of sleep! 


Not only that, but Aria slept through the whole night last night for the first time. From 10pm to 6:30am. What blessing from God, and in my opinion, no coincidence. It was Jesus saying 'I hear your prayers, and will bless you beyond your needs'.


Please join us in prayer for continued rest for Brandon.


God has also been answering prayers for support for us through all of you in the many ways I mentioned in the previous journal entry. 


Some of our dear, dear friends have been kind enough to start a fund raiser for us as well to help with the mounting medical expenses. We feel so deeply appreciative to every generous donation and gift to us. It is very hard to admit needing help of any kind, let alone financial, but God is teaching me that accepting help is not a passive action, it is allowing others to meet a calling God has put on their hearts. He has reminded me how serving others has ministered to my own heart, and to allow others that same opportunity, whether it be in prayer, actions or donations. 


I will do a detailed post about this soon, but if you want to follow the fundraiser, share it with others or donate you can click HERE or visit:

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/srh5/brandon-s-journey-with-the-big-c-?utm_source=giveforward&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=dashboard&shareid=2565902 

Please note that clicking purple the 'Donate Today' button on the Caring bridge site donates to caring bridge to help with funding this free site, not to us. There has been some confusion with this, and I very much believe in donating to keep this free service available to keep friends and family updated, however I want for your donations to make sure to go where you intend them to go. :) 


There have been a few donations made to the Caring bridge site in honor of Brandon and I want to thank you so much, both named and anonymous, whoever you are!


Praying specifically for more rest, emotional and physical strength and leaps and bounds in recovery.


God bless you all for joining us on this journey. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!