What is this?

What is this? I don't really know, other then a continuation of my updates and writings that I was sharing previously on Caringbridge of this journey through cancer and now widowhood and single parenting.

Maybe it won't end up being anything at all, or maybe it will be a glimpse into my heart, my life, my current situation, my testimony.

Whatever it becomes, I am touched that you are interested.

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Improvements

Ahhhh....finally! We feel like we are turning a corner!


Yesterday Brandon was able to get the NG tube taken out. (Tube that went down nose and empties stomach contents). That was the biggest milestone and celebration yet. That darn thing was so uncomfortable and made it hard to sleep at all. He was able to then actually drink something. I scoured the hospital vending machines and cafeteria and we sampled a handful of drinks - landing on Blackberry or Grapefruit Izzy as the winner. 


David spent the night at the hospital with Brandon last night and for the first time in weeks Brandon was actually able to rest for hours at a time. 


Today he is permitted a liquid diet, and had some creamy potato soup. Hopefully tomorrow he can have a soft food diet! There has also been talk of possibly getting released Saturday or Sunday. 


His INR (blood clotting factor) got to a critical level yesterday (11), so doctors suggested staying in bed to reduce risks of uncontrolled bleeding. Thankfully today the number has gone down to 3 with the use of vitamin K, and walking around will be the goal for today. This will help healing and continue to encourage the GI system to wake up and get working at full strength.


We are feeling so encouraged! We have been really relishing the little victories like Popsicles and drinking. Though when you look at it they are hardly 'little' victories at all! They are reminders of God's faithfulness and provisions. They are steps toward healing and coming home!


We are hoping today or tomorrow they will allow Brandon to be wheeled outside for a visit with Aria! 


Thank you all for your prayers! I hope to have time to share more details of the past few days soon, but I just wanted to share the good news as soon as I had a chance! 


Please pray for continued strength and healing and pray away any complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!