What is this?

What is this? I don't really know, other then a continuation of my updates and writings that I was sharing previously on Caringbridge of this journey through cancer and now widowhood and single parenting.

Maybe it won't end up being anything at all, or maybe it will be a glimpse into my heart, my life, my current situation, my testimony.

Whatever it becomes, I am touched that you are interested.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

After Surgery Update

This is a difficult post to write.

The surgeon removed multiple tumors, one fist size, another golf ball sized. Because of the location Brandon now has an ostomy bag. 

There is an inoperable tumor remaining. It is involved with major blood vessels and the kidney ureter. In the upcoming days we will be discussing with the oncologist whether to move forward with chemo once he is recovered to attempt to prolong life or preserve quality of life by discontinuing treatment. At this point we only have time, and we don't yet know how long. We will probably consult CTCA or MD Anderson for a second opinion. 

We are devastated. I am definitely in shock, it's a strange feeling to have. I did not foresee this. I truly did not want to believe this could be the outcome. I can't even wrap my mind around it. I am terrified and hurting so deeply words can not express. 

Brandon is handling this news with amazing strength and grace. He is in a lot of pain, this was a very extensive surgery.

This is yet another blow, what feels like another worst case scenario. It is going to be the most difficult journey of all of our lives, but we will not loose our faith. It has been tested and it will continue to be tested, but we have to cling to what we know of God, no matter how bad it hurts.

Brandon asked to please pray for pain relief.

And I ask that you pray for a miracle and time. Time with quality of life. 

Thank you all for your prayers and for walking through this with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!