What is this?

What is this? I don't really know, other then a continuation of my updates and writings that I was sharing previously on Caringbridge of this journey through cancer and now widowhood and single parenting.

Maybe it won't end up being anything at all, or maybe it will be a glimpse into my heart, my life, my current situation, my testimony.

Whatever it becomes, I am touched that you are interested.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Joy in Pain

God gave me this thought to rest in today and I wanted to share it, as it is really calming my heart for the moment:


With every image of this battle that I fear I won't forget, I strengthen myself against the pain it causes me, knowing that though it hurts me to the core, it is ministering true love to Brandon in his time of need. Giving love far outweighs the pain I take on in serving my husband. True love is selfless, and this is where I get to bless Brandon. As Jesus took the pain of the cross out of love for us, Lord, let the love that was shown outshine the pain I feel. Let it overcome and encompass the hurt, and fill me with joy. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!