What is this?

What is this? I don't really know, other then a continuation of my updates and writings that I was sharing previously on Caringbridge of this journey through cancer and now widowhood and single parenting.

Maybe it won't end up being anything at all, or maybe it will be a glimpse into my heart, my life, my current situation, my testimony.

Whatever it becomes, I am touched that you are interested.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Facility - Day 1

We arrived at the skilled nursing facility today. It is very nice. The room is 'L' shaped and they kindly set us up with two beds in one room and a love seat, recliner, table, chairs and mini fridge in the other. It looks like a hotel in here, much more then a nursing facility. They even have a beautiful fresh flower arrangement, one I can actually enjoy without the fear of our cat eating the flowers and getting sick from.


I've claimed my spot where I can recline comfortably in the sitting area and see Brandon resting in the other room. We have worship music playing as I sit and wait for David and Mary to bring Aria.


My parents arrived last night and will be primarily watching Aria overnight while I am here. Hopefully she will continue to sleep through the night for my mom!


It's nice to be here and have the weight of care taking removed. I can just be his wife now. Hold his hand, tell him how much I love him.


This morning was very difficult. I realized that last night was the last time Brandon and I would sleep in our house together. That was incredibly hard.


It's silly how I still hope for a miracle. My mind thinks, well it would have to be one hell of a miracle at this point. Then I correct myself, nothing is too big for God to fix.


Please continue to pray for a miracle. A miracle of earthly healing to which only God can be given the Glory. That no doctor can explain.


Please also pray for my Lupus, it has shown some signs of awakening a bit. Probably the stress and lack of sleep. Hopefully I can increase some meds safely while nursing and keep it from flaring.


Thank you again for your prayers a a following our journey, and I'll do my best to keep you all updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!