What is this?

What is this? I don't really know, other then a continuation of my updates and writings that I was sharing previously on Caringbridge of this journey through cancer and now widowhood and single parenting.

Maybe it won't end up being anything at all, or maybe it will be a glimpse into my heart, my life, my current situation, my testimony.

Whatever it becomes, I am touched that you are interested.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Back in the Hospital

This is gonna just be a quick update.

Brandon is back in the hospital. At the appointment with the nephrologist they sent us from there to the ER b/c of how poorly Brandon was feeling, his dizziness, difficulty breathing and drastically swollen and painful neck and shoulder.

Upon arrival to the hospital an ultrasound showed a blood clot in the inner jugular where his port is. This is what was causing the pain and swelling of his neck, shoulder and arm. 

He is on heparin and will be in the hospital for hopefully only 2-3 days. 

At this point they are not removing the port, it is safer to treat with blood thinners right now. 

He should also be getting some kidney functioning tests while there to determine where to go from here with the nephrology side of things. 

Please pray for his safety and that The Lord protects him and strengthens his weak and weary body for this fight.

Please also pray that God strengthens us, his family, for this fight. It is so difficult to see someone you love so much going through this. Aria brings so much joy, and yet with every smile she brings me, it's paired with a tear as my heart breaks that Brandon is missing this experience. 

I wish I had something incredibly insightful to say, but tonight I am just broken and surrendering my hurts and fears to God and praying for a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!