What is this?

What is this? I don't really know, other then a continuation of my updates and writings that I was sharing previously on Caringbridge of this journey through cancer and now widowhood and single parenting.

Maybe it won't end up being anything at all, or maybe it will be a glimpse into my heart, my life, my current situation, my testimony.

Whatever it becomes, I am touched that you are interested.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Treatment 1: Days 2 and 3

Last night and today have been incredibly difficult for Brandon. He had chest pain all last night and this morning resulting in going to the oncologists to get disconnected from the pump early today. He was sent to the hospital to get an EKG because the doctor was worried that he was having cardio toxicity to the the chemo which can mean a heart attack. Thank God the EKG was normal and his oxygen levels normal too, so they are not quite sure what was causing the chest pain. A few hours after being disconnected the pain lessened. 

He is still suffering from extreme nausea, intermittent chest pain and all over crappy feeling. 

Bonnie and Roger were up with him all night and with him at the doctor and hospital all morning. I am so thankful for God providing the ability for their constant support. My mom has been cooking, doing laundry, errands, chores and aiding me in all I need to care for Aria, Brandon and myself. 

Please pray for improvement for Brandon and for him, and us all, to get some rest tonight. Pray his nausea lessens so he can eat - his body needs nourishment and energy so badly. 

Every day His mercies are new - and we will believe that tomorrow will be better. 

I feel the strength that you all have been praying for, so thank you for your constant prayers for us all.

I have been singing Desert Song in my head all day...God is still good, no matter what Desert we may find ourself in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!