What is this?

What is this? I don't really know, other then a continuation of my updates and writings that I was sharing previously on Caringbridge of this journey through cancer and now widowhood and single parenting.

Maybe it won't end up being anything at all, or maybe it will be a glimpse into my heart, my life, my current situation, my testimony.

Whatever it becomes, I am touched that you are interested.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Treatment 1: Day 1 and 2

Well, we prayed for Brandon to be able to tolerate treatment better this time around and at this point God has answered 'no' or 'not yet' to that request. He is incredibly ill, weak, nauseated and in pain. We are combating all the side effects as best we can and we continue to pray for God to give his body supernatural strength to tolerate this better.

The doctor said that often the body remembers from the last time and just revolts against it. However we continue to hold hope and pray ceaselessly that somehow things will improve for him. 

I am so thankful for the support The Lord has provided for us in this time. My mom is here until the 20th and Bonnie, Roger and David are all rallying with us to care for Brandon and help me with Aria and all the nuances of life that need to keep on keeping on.

Many friends near and far have offered to help, and once we get through a little bit of this we will know how to give the opportunities to help.  Thank you all for you generous hearts.

In the midst of this storm we are trying to count our blessings. God has answered prayers, they may not always be the main one we wanted answered, but He is indeed making his presence known to us. We were so blessed to have the early arrival of Aria, a quick and uncomplicated labor, successful nursing, a baby that is quite easy going and not fussy, my lupus has remained quiet, a wonderful family support system available and many other blessings that we don't take for granted.

I often find myself at a loss for how to pray for this situation, and would love if you felt inclined to share with me how you have prayed.


As for specific prayer requests:

-for Brandon to be able to tolerate the treatments better with less devastating side effects
-For every drop of the chemo to be annihilating every last cancer cell
-For quick recovery after treatments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!