What is this?

What is this? I don't really know, other then a continuation of my updates and writings that I was sharing previously on Caringbridge of this journey through cancer and now widowhood and single parenting.

Maybe it won't end up being anything at all, or maybe it will be a glimpse into my heart, my life, my current situation, my testimony.

Whatever it becomes, I am touched that you are interested.

Saturday, May 16, 2015

My Village

They say "It takes a village", and I have the best village around. Seriously. A few weeks back one of my friends told me she wanted to organize a group of people to come and help me out with some housework, and I gladly accepted. All I had to do was be there and tell them what to do. 
Clockwise from top left:  Katie & Elena tilling soil.  Anna-Lisa and pregnant Sheena working in the side yard.  Mandy feeding Aria, Katie & Whitney w/ Giovanni & Ryker in the background.  Mandy working on the umbrella base.  David & Ben working on the baby swing and Robb in the shadows with the bird feeders.

They showed up with food, drinks, work gloves, cleaning supplies, a couple babies and servants hearts at 7:30 this Saturday morning.

God blessed us with beautiful weather and my "somebody-else's-honey do list" got done! Mowing, weeding, fertilizing, bagging wet leaves, tilling, moving rocks, hanging a baby swing, setting up the umbrella and a few other yard tasks were all done in 3 hours. Aria was loved on and kept busy with the other kiddos while I pretty much bossed everyone around. (Hehe).

Not only did so many of my chores get done, but I also got to catch up with some of my dear friends that time has not allowed me to see enough.
Later Aria and I gave the swing a try and she is one happy baby! We played in the grass and I didn't have to keep her from trying to eat the field of dandelions.

To add to all the outdoor help, when I was away earlier this month I came home to find that my amazing neighbor, who has been tenderly taking care of my yard (and snow removal) for the past 7 months, had replaced my very broken fence gate. I still have to chat with him for more details on how he graciously took care of this for me.    

I truly could not do this without the amazing people God has placed in my life. 

Brandon asked only 2 things when he knew he was going Home. One - for us not to be mad at God, and two - to take care of his girls. And on days like today I like to think that he is in Heaven, joined by the loved ones of my "villagers" watching God's Kingdom at work here on earth, taking care of his girls.  And they are overjoyed for us all.  I could not be more thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Christina,
    Thank you so much for sharing this and all your other posts!! It brings joy to my heart to know how God is caring for you and Aria! I also greatly appreciate hearing about your "not so great" days. This is important for all of us. It reminds us that you still need love and prayer and that we need to be alert to those around us in pain. We are God's hands, if we allow him to use us. My heart is full seeing the way your friends worked on your behalf and I know Brandon is smiling!
    Much love and prayers!
    Cynthia Klingenberg

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!